Vacancies for Senior Researchers
The Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka (IPS) is a renowned think-tank that provides authoritative socio-economic analysis to influence public policy in Sri Lanka. We offer an environment that is conducive to independent research and professional growth as well as collaborations with the government, development partners, private sector and the academia.
Who are we looking for?
The IPS is looking to strengthen its research capacity with dynamic individuals motivated to influence policies through high quality research and effective communication. We are seeking candidates who would lead policy-relevant research, mentor junior staff in research activities, mobilise research grants, disseminate research findings and strengthen our networks. In turn, IPS offers you the opportunity to be part of a vibrant research team, with a high degree of autonomy to develop your research potential.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• A PhD or an MPhil in economics, econometrics or a relevant field.
• Previous experience in a research role, ideally in leading and managing research projects.
• A consistent track record of publications with reputed publishers.
• A keen interest in policy engagement, preferably with established policy and academic networks.
• Good interpersonal skills and an ability to lead and mentor junior researchers.
How to Apply
If you fit the above description and would like to be part of a dynamic team, please send us your curriculum vitae along with details of two non-related referees to email@example.com
Post your application to:
Director of Finance and Administration
Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka
100/20, Independence Avenue, Colombo 7.
The application should clearly indicate: a) academic qualifications; b) research and work experience; c) publication history; and d) proof of analytical, writing and presentation skills.